Worcester County Sheriff's Office

Proud to Protect, Ready to Serve

Animal Control Unit

The Worcester County Animal Control office is open Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for anyone who would like to stop by and visit the animals, turn in a found stray dog or cat, or to reclaim a dog or cat picked up by Animal Control. They are located at 6207 Timmons Rd, Snow Hill, MD. Call their office if you have any questions at: 410-632-1340

Animal Adoption Application

Download our Adoption Application with the link below.

Animal Adoption Application


Worcester County Rabies Vaccination and Licensing FAQs


Does my pet have to be vaccinated for rabies?
Yes. Maryland law and regulation require all dogs, cats and ferrets age 4 months and older must be adequately vaccinated against rabies. Rabies shots typically expire after one to three years depending on the animal’s age and the type of vaccine used.

Where can I get a rabies vaccination for my pet?
Rabies vaccinations are available through area veterinary offices. Worcester County Health Department and Animal Control partner to provide semi-annual rabies clinics at a cost of only $5 per pet. The next clinics are scheduled to take place in early fall 2010. Dates, times and locations will be announced to the public and media.

Do both cats and dogs have to be licensed?
Yes. Worcester County law requires that any dog or cat older than 4 months must be licensed in the county.

How do I license my cat or dog?
Many licensed veterinarians and Animal Control have the authority to issue a dog or cat license and issue the license tag. Contact your vet or Worcester County Animal Control for more information at 410-632-1340.

Do I have to renew the dog or cat license?
Licenses are only valid while the pet’s rabies vaccination is valid. Before a license is issued, the pet owner must prove that the dog or cat has been vaccinated against rabies and that the vaccination is still effective.

What happens if I lose the license tag?
You present your pet’s rabies vaccination certificate to Animal Control to receive a new license.